guestbook

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Inky's favourite game

Yesterday we went to play one of my favourite games. I am not sure what it is called but you have, like, a long plastic stick with a half closed spoon on one end. You get a pinkie to place a tennis ball inside the spoony bit and have them then hurl and catapult the ball way across the field.





And off the Airedales go...



Now comes my favourite bit: I run and run and run (I am usually faster than Molly), grab the ball, and then DON'T take it back to the pinkies!!
Ahhhh, you should see their faces! Elfi stomps and demands, Tim puts on the deep and "scary" voice, "INKY, give it up!" But I usually don't budge. I try my best not to drop the ball as I am trying not to laugh out loud. To lead them on, I am pretending to head back their way and just as they reach out for the ball... zoom, off I go again...







I tell ya, it's hours of fun.

I finally surrender the ball when I feel like it and when I feel that too much attention is paid to Molly as she drifts off (due to boredom following lack of her own ball contact) to other "areas of interest". I usually get a treat, too, for finally "giving it up". Works well for me...

Ciao for now,

INKY

2 comments:

  1. We wish we could be off-leash like you guys to race like the wind! It looks like such fun!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have two balls, she won't be able to resist and will spit out the first one in order to chase the second. I can't help myself, just have to chase the new one and can't get them both in my mouth.

    It's my favourite game in the world.

    cheers,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails